Become a Spark Mentor!
Spark’s volunteer mentors are essential to the program’s success. They help us fulfill our mission to inspire youth through one-to-one, workplace-based mentorships.
Apply To Mentor
Why Mentor with Spark?
Being a Spark mentor means getting to make a powerful learning experience possible for a young person while utilizing your unique talents. Mentoring with Spark takes place at your workplace during the workday. Spark handles the logistics so you can focus on building a strong relationship with your student! Spark mentors are critical in keeping students engaged, on-track and ready for high school and beyond. Working with a Spark student is a rewarding, one-of-a-kind experience.
Spark provides training and resources to mentors to help them make the most out of their experience, including:
- Activity guides focused on the eight Spark skills, which are critical for student academic and career success
- Project examples and planning tools to help students and mentors bring their project ideas to life
- Trainings for mentors on best practices for engaging middle school youth
- Ongoing check ins and support throughout the program
Did you know:
- 73% of Spark mentors increased their satisfaction, motivation and appreciation for their job
- 82% of Spark mentors feel closer to their community after participating in the program
- 95% of Spark mentors are proud their company volunteers with Spark
Share your career and professional skills!
About the Program
- Spark mentors are working professionals who volunteer their time and talent to get a young person engaged and excited about learning during a critical time: middle school.
- Mentors are matched with a Spark student based on their areas of interest, and then meet with their student at the workplace one weekday per week, for two hours per day over 10 weeks.
- Spark mentorships take place during the fall and spring semesters in the San Francisco Bay Area, Los Angeles, Chicago and Philadelphia.
Learn More: Watch the Video & Apply
- If you believe in the power and potential of youth and are interested in sharing your own experience to inspire a Spark student, volunteering with Spark may be for you!
- Watch the video above to learn more about becoming a Spark mentor.
- Submit a brief online application by clicking "Apply to Mentor" above.
- Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.