Become a Spark Mentor!
Spark’s volunteer mentors are essential to our program’s success. They help us fulfill our mission to inspire youth through one-on-one, hands-on apprenticeships.
Apply To Mentor
As a mentor, you’ll host a middle school student with similar interests. You’ll meet at your workplace for two hours/week for 8-10 weeks. In that time, you’ll teach them about what you do, inspire their curiosity, build new skills and help them learn about career possibilities.
Passion and commitment are required; experience is not. We train you, and our experienced staff is available to support you every step of the way. If you’d like to become a Spark mentor or want to learn more, please fill out a volunteer application.
Did you know:
- 73% of Spark mentors increased their satisfaction, motivation and appreciation for their job
- 82% of Spark mentors feel closer to their community after participating in the program
- 95% of Spark mentors are proud their company volunteers with Spark
Share your career and professional skills!
Spark is constantly recruiting mentors in all professions. Here are some of our most frequently requested fields:
- Computers/Video Game Design
- Animal Care
- Fashion and Cosmetology
- Culinary Arts
- Government and Safety
- Visual Arts
- Life/Environmental Science