Make a difference in the lives of young people – and make a living!
- Receive generous staff benefits & competitive pay
- Work with a proven student empowerment program
- Connect with your community
- Gain first-hand experience in student management
- Learn about the nonprofit sector
- Expand your professional network
- Benefit from training and professional development
- Manage students as they explore careers and engage in mentorships
- Assist with transporting / chaperoning students
- Plan Spark events at partner schools and companies
- Work closely with schools and teachers
- Develop and maintain relationships with volunteer mentors and corporate partners
- Collect and analyze school and student data
Are passionate about education
Are expected and recent graduates
Ideally have classroom experience or experience working with students
Are Education, Social Justice or Social Policy majors, though all majors will be considered
Work with Spark for a fellowship that aligns with the academic calendar year
Live or work in the San Francisco, Los Angeles, Chicago and Philadelphia areas
By engaging working professionals and connecting businesses and local communities, Spark empowers the next generation to perform better in school, graduate on time and lead fulfilling careers and lives.
Spark's proven model intervenes early to reach students in the middle grades at this critical inflection point. Spark emboldens students to succeed in high school and beyond by connecting them with mentors in leading workplaces and inspiring their academic journey. One-to-one mentorships are supplemented with skill building, high school transition support, workshops and resources for students and their families.